Have a resource to suggest? Share your favorite tools and resources today!Recommend it
Data: County Health Rankings
- Published Date
- Published By
- Community Commons
What are County Health Rankings?
The County Health Rankings & Roadmaps program is a collaboration between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. These organizations work together to produce annual rankings for 30+ indicators. County Health Rankings provide “a snapshot of how health is influenced by where we live, learn, work and play. They provide a starting point for change in communities.”
The goals of the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps program are to:
- Build awareness of the multiple factors that influence health;
- Provide a reliable, sustainable source of local data and evidence to communities to help them identify opportunities to improve their health;
- Engage and activate local leaders from many sectors in creating sustainable community change; and
- Connect and empower community leaders working to improve health.
How are communities using County Health Rankings to support their work?
The County Health Rankings & Roadmaps site provides a host of tools and resources to support the use of the data to drive positive change in communities. A few of our favorite resources include:
- Community case studies and the County-by-County blog
- Action Center
- Webinar Archive
- Methodology and Calculations
Where can I find County Health Rankings data on Community Commons?
The Map Room has 2018 County Health Rankings data available for you to place onto a location map. After choosing your location, simply enter CHR in the search box and a list of data will populate. Examples are below.